- How do I sign up?Signing up is easy! All you need is a working U.S. cell phone number. Once you’ve entered your area code and phone number, you will receive a verification code from our VimBot via text message. Simply follow the prompts to verify your account.
- Can I name my customer?Once you know who you are talking to, you can add your customer’s name easily. Click the pencil icon next to the customer’s name at the top of each chat window within the app. Your team members are the only ones who can see the name. You can also include notes to remember specific client information.
- How do I edit my account?Edit Account allows you to change your personal information, such as name, account password, and your @TEXTHANDLE. Edit Account can be reached by tapping the three dots at the top right corner of the main page. Updated account information is visible only to new customers, while old customers will see the previous user’s name and @TEXTHANDLE.
- How do I create my business @TEXTHANDLE?Your @TEXTHANDLE is what customers will use to connect with you via VimChat. Creating something short and simple works the best, like shortening your business name, and makes it easier for customers to remember you.
- What is a custom welcome message?The Welcome message in an automatic response to the customer’s first incoming message. It can include links or any other information you would like your customers to have right away and can be adjusted any time by the Admin. Replace the sample Welcome message with a custom greeting by tapping the three dots at the top right corner of the main page.
- Why should I set up a team?Team members can respond to all incoming customer questions and chat with each other on a one-on-one private channel. VimChat also allows you to chat with your entire team using General Chat, located at the top of the team page. So, let’s say you have an announcement you’d like to send to your team. Just post it on the team channel and everyone will receive the information.
- How do I set up my team?Team members can be colleagues, vendors, co-workers, or employees. To add a team member, simply go to the Team tab and enter your team member’s name and phone number. Your team member will receive a text with a link to download the app from the app store on their phone. After they have registered, they are automatically added to the correct team. Look for it in your side panel.
- What does On/Off Duty mean?On Duty status means that the employee is available to respond to customers. Off Duty status means that the employee currently is not available to answer customer questions. During the Off Duty status you can still see all messages but you won’t get notifications.
- How do I change the status of an employee?Admins (business owners) can change any employee status by tapping on the green circles next to the names of each team member. Employees can adjust their own status by clicking the green circle next to their name.
- What is a custom Away message?The Away message is needed to notify customers that the business team is currently not available to respond to customer’s requests and messages. Similar to the Welcome message, you can replace the sample Away message with a custom greeting by tapping the three dots at the top right corner of the main page.
- How do I report or block inappropriate users?Tap the three dots at the top right corner of the individual chat window and choose Report/Block Person from the drop-down menu to block that user forever.
- Can I start a text conversation with a customer?Yes, you can initiate the conversation with new customers or an existing client if you have their mobile phone number. Use the Start Chat button on the web platform or select the Start Chat icon in your app. Add your customer’s mobile phone number, name, and a short message letting them know to text you on this new channel. The messages will show up in your customer list under ongoing chats. Your clients will receive a standard text message from you from a virtual phone number which can be saved in their Contacts as your new business texting instance.